Community is vital to a company’s success. It generates a sense of unity within an organization, and contributes to the overall happiness of the company’s employees. Emulating a sense of community is also important as it allows the world to view your company as cohesive, full of team players, and a workplace with great company culture and a clear message.
It can be difficult for companies within a shared space or co-working environment to blend their individual company cultures into one mosaic community. In a place where there are several groups of established companies and individuals, many of whom already have their own idea of what culture means to them and their organization, there is oftentimes a need for their workplace provider to facilitate this sense of community for its companies.
At TechSpace, we strive to create a well-rounded community where our members are able to participate while also preserving their own company’s culture. Here are some of the ways we facilitate this:
- Each month we host a “Member Meet-up” where our members get to know their neighbor companies and what they are up to in their respective industries. This allows our members the chance to get to know one another, explore opportunities where they can collaborate, and also celebrate each other’s successes. The themed drinks and snacks are just an added bonus!
- Austin ranks as one of the fittest cities in the US, so it was a safe bet that most of our members are interested in health and fitness benefits. We promote the health and wellness of our members by offering on-site yoga and discount packages to nearby gyms and workout studios. In addition, we’ve appointed October as our official Wellness Month at our site! From on-site flu shots, personal training consultations, to healthy snacks and chair massages – we will promote healthy, stress-free lifestyle all month long.
- We want to keep our members connected to the thriving Austin business community, so we actively screen and promote local events and workshops that focus on themes relevant to our clients’ needs and interests.
These are just a few of the things we do here in Austin to foster our community. Each company can take advantage of the benefits that peak their interest, but also create and build their own individual company culture internally.
What are some ways you create community in your workspace? Share your ideas in the comments below!
Not familiar with our Austin co-working offering?
We offer monthly memberships in our ground floor co-working space for small businesses, start-ups, freelancers, consultants, and other companies who need a productive and collaborative working environment – without the full-time commitment of a private office suite.
Our memberships include open or dedicated workstations and access to many amenities including:
- 24/7 workstation access
- Connection to our enterprise-grade Wi-Fi network
- Two free hours of conference room time per month
- Monthly Copy Credits: 50 black and white, 25 color
- Use of our Wi-Fi enabled outdoor deck and private telephone rooms
- Use of full kitchen with sink, refrigerator, microwave and vending
- Unlimited coffee, tea, filtered water and ice
- On-site bike storage
- Access to site fitness center and locker rooms